Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1st

Today I ate:

- Unsweetened oatmeal with cinnamon (1/2 cup uncooked)
- About 1-1.5 cups of toasted pumpkin seeds
- About 1.5 cups of reheated mole chili and 12 whole wheat soda crackers
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt with 1/3 cup strawberries and 1 tbsp honey (this was delicious...but honey is 17 g of carbs per tbsp. Ridiculous!)

I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I tried to eat about 2-3 servings of carbohydrates per meal, or about 30-45 grams.

I plan on very roughly following the plan in this book:



However, I moved yesterday, and none of my dishes or cookbooks are unpacked, plus I have no food and all the stores are closed today. Luckily, the shock and novelty of uprooting and being surrounded by chaos is distracting me nicely from any carbohydrate cravings I might have been having otherwise.

I suspect I'm going to have to add a LOT more vegetables to my diet (more than 0, that is) in order to make up for the reduction in carbs. Otherwise, I'll never be full.

No comments:

Post a Comment