Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2nd

Eats today:

- 1 cup Life cereal with 1/2 greek yogurt and 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 carrot, 1/2 cup or so sliced mushrooms, and 2 tbsp hummus
- 1.5 cups mole chili with 3 tbsp greek yogurt and 12 whole wheat soda crackers
- 1/2 large chicken breast, 1.5 cups mixed salad, 2 tbsp Kraft fat free Italian dressing, and 1 cup soymilk
- 2 Midgies

I felt pretty level today, moodwise. It's one of my "dark" days, but I was able to stay in control of my despair, with the help of a couple of walks. I didn't feel any sharp drops in mood which result in strong feelings of anxiety, frustration, etc. It's very possible that those things are related to blood sugar, so maybe that's why I avoided it today.

The only problem is that I felt a little too full. I just really roughly calculated my calories for the day and they are at 2000 or a little over, which might explain it. I walked for maybe 1.5 hours today, but just sat around the rest of the time -- my activity level doesn't really justify a 2000+ calorie diet. Around 1700 would probably be more like it. I won't be uncomfortably stuffed, but I'll still be eating enough protein and fat to keep my blood sugar level throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment